Monday, July 09, 2007

finally, a chance to wear a toolbelt



We've been thinking of moving for a couple years now. But, we'd wanted to get a few things fixed up with the house. I needed to get the yard and flower beds into better shape, and we wanted to replace some of our carpet.

A few months ago, we'd bought some glueless laminate flooring at Costco while it was on sale (ended up saving around $150 because of the sale). Finally got around to starting the project last weekend. Finally realized the extent to which one of our cats ruined the carpet. Ugh.

The flooring went down quick. Not as easy as the instructions make it seem. But, it looks nice, and gave me my once-every-two-years excuse to wear a toolbelt.









And, in odd things I've stuck in my pie-hole news:
  • The 'Hog Burger' at Britton's (964 East Union Square in Sandy). A burger with grilled onions nestled between a grilled-cheese sandwich with bacon, and a second grilled-cheese sandwich with tomato. The first half was good. The second half was 'what have I gotten myself into?'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The floor looks good. Did you do it all yourself?

Mmmm.....Hog Burger....

neeber said...

I had a friend help clear out the rooms, remove the carpet, and help do the first 2/3 of the room. I finished it myself over the next couple nights.

I procrastinated placing an order for the stair/transition molding, so I haven't pushed too far into the other rooms yet.

T-rev said...

I just ate a Hog Burger and did a quick search to see who else has enjoyed that thing and found your blog. MMMMM the Burger was good. Though I don't think I can ever have it again with out dieing