Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Books, books, books.

While waiting (mostly) patiently for the latest volume of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, I've been staying up way too late reading.

First, the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. Quite good, but didn't bowl me over.

I've also just finished the first two volumes of Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen. Sweet zombie jeebus, is it good. Very, very good. A pet monkey of your very own good. Of course, it's yet-another-unfinished-series... so the wife will refuse to read it, like she has A Song of Ice and Fire.

It's probably a bad idea to stay up until 4:00AM reading... It's way too easy for me to keep telling myself, "Just one more chapter. Then sleepy time." Thankfully, as long as I get my work done and don't miss meetings my boss doesn't care if I don't get in at 8:00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better not go buy that book for yourself, Mister. It's almost Xmas and if I have to keep 2 signed copies (one of which will say "To Steve, my sweet little love muffin"), I'm going to be unhappy. Very unhappy.