Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Conclusive proof that I've always been a dork

Not that it is much of a shocker.

It struck me recently after a high-school friend's visit back to Salt Lake. Chevan was cleaning his stuff out of his parents' house, and found a Christmas card I'd given him... it would have been 1989-1991.

We were both into Star Trek. I remember making him laugh with my HP graphing calculator (48SX). It had a mode that'd let you draw on the screen. And when you were in that mode, if you pushed an invalid button, it would beep... So I drew Fleet Captain Pike in his wheelchair thingy and beeped at him. Comedy GENIUS!

But, back to the Christmas card. The artwork on the front is sorty of purpley-blue misty pine tree forest thing. It must have reminded me of Romulan ships coming out of cloak. Inside the card, I wrote:
Computer: Alert, Alert! 9 uncloaking Romulan Christmas Trees off the forward bow!

Spock: We have a 0.0090210 chance of surviving this ornamental onslaught, Captain.

Kirk: Dammit Spock... enough of that wild Vulcan logic... bring me today's scantily clad alien woman.

Chekhov: Tinsil streamers coming at us Ciptin.

Kirk: Scotty, give me full power to the engines! Now!

Scotty: It canna be done, the floosy-husit is blocking the widget-arm-mainframe-valve-matrix-modulator.

Kirk: Bones! Get down there!

Dr. McCoy: I'm a doctor, not a contortionist.

Lt. Horta (the first silicon based starfleet officier): mumble, mumble, mumble, etc...

Sulu: My thoughts exactly, Captain.

Looking back, I'm not sure how I made it through school without being beaten mercilessly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you keep being funny, I might have to share your blog withthe world. And then where will you be?