Monday, March 06, 2006

new york city, day 1

Because my co-worker forgot her journal, I will post this here for all posterity:

  • At dinner tonight, our waiter sounded like Fenster from the Usual Suspects
  • At dinner tonight, the soup special was a sun-dried tomato bisque with roast garlic and sweet pee puree. No, that's not a typo... Well, it's their typo not mine. And, yes, we ate it. You could really taste the pee.
  • I found a lovely purse at the 99cent store down the street (a black purse with a embroidered blond lady sitting in a animal-print lounge chair). I think my wife will get a kick out of it... So, I must purchase it to prove I'm not the world's worst husband for travelling (for work) over her birthday. Well, I'll probably get something else too.
  • The Chinese restaurant down the street from the hotel had some truely nasty looking garbage cans waiting for pick up... Picture 4-5 large cans, filled with meat/fish off cuts. Thank god the weather is still fairly cold.
  • When we got to JFK, who was there by the gate looking fabulous? Nick Verreos, Liz's 2nd favorite designer from this season of Project Runway. Now that the chance has slipped by, I'm kicking myself for not getting Liz his autograph and/or a picture.

No comments: