Wednesday, March 08, 2006

new york city, day 3

Forgot to mention about day #1:
  • My room has a safe in the closet. Before I left to look around the neighborhood with co-worker #1, I made sure to set the combination and put my laptop and digital camera in the safe.
  • When I got back to the room. I discovered the safe door was open.
  • Oh no! I've been burglarized!
  • Wait... Everything is still there.
  • Oh no! I'm an idiot who forgot to shut the damn safe door.
Forgot to mention about day #2:
  • The shower in my room is tremendously hot. I have to turn the temperature knob all the way to cold for it to be slightly bearable. I assume the cold-water thingamajig in the shower hooziwhatsit is busted. The hot water coming in the sink is very hot... but the cold is very cold.
  • Had dinner with co-workers #1 and #2. #1's cousin lives in Manhatten, and came out to dinner with us. She was very funny.
Day #3 (I can tell my vast army of 2 readers is on the edge of their seats now that I've skillfully whet their appetite with more details of the previous day's happenings):
  • Got up
  • Went to training
  • Back to hotel
  • Dinner! Heartland Brewery & Rotisserie
  • Sampler tray full of tiny beers! Hooray Tiny Beer!
  • Wander around Macy's, concentrate on walking in straight line.
  • In Macy's, the higher we went, the older the escalators. I've never seen an escalator with wooden treads before. Sweet.
  • Back to Hotel.
  • Check e-mail. Realize the networking change that IT is doing just broke something they set up for me a couple months ago... My downloader application is barfing error e-mails around the company, complaining that it can't connect through the special NAT-ed address to the remote office. Hooray e-mail!
  • 11pm! Hooray garbage trucks!
  • Watch VW commercials friend posts to his blog. Hooray creepy VW guy!
  • 11:13pm. Car alarm starts going off.
  • Sweet zombie jesus, NYC is noisy. Remember tray full of tiny beers! Hooray tiny beers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 2 readers? What about your wife and your parents? Have they not known the joy that is your BLOG?

New York sounds lovely. Especially the "nightlife."

Oh, one last thing: baby Jesus cries every time you mention beer.