Monday, May 14, 2007

san francisco -- day #1

Flew to San Francisco for a technical conference. Flight uneventful, and in a teeny CRJ200. Only 12 and a half rows of seats.

Googled up restaurants near the hotel. I've been craving Vietnamese all the time lately, so I decided on a hole-in-the-wall place with good reviews -- Golden Flower Vietnamese. Just a couple minutes walk from the hotel.

Pretty good, but not the best I've had. The imperial rolls were greasy, and more mystery-meaty than I'd have preferred. The bun with grilled pork and shrimp was tasty.

In order of worst to first:
Pho Cali
-> Golden Flower Vietnamese -> Pho Hoa -> Shanghai Cafe -> The deeee-licious versions Dien made for us over at Mark's house. Mmmmm.

Also, it's less fun to travel without coworkers. Wandering aimlessly is less fun to do on your own... it feels more like getting lost than having an adventure.

1 comment:

Mark N. said...

mmmm Bun. Now I want some too.. Guess it is time for a payday loonch again!