Wednesday, September 26, 2007

blog comment spam

I had to enable moderation on the comments due to the spam getting added. Moderating seemed like a better solution than going in and deleting the comments after-the-fact.

The first thing that clued me in to their spaminess:

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! [more sales pitch and spammy URLs here...]

Anyone who actually read my blog would know that it has never been, and never will be any of those things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Just found your blog. I live near Horsham, England, where that fountain is and all the locals hate it (ok there are probably a few strange souls who think it looks quite nice but they spend 23/24 hours on sedation) It's so good to find that we have supporters across the globe! :)

neeber said...

It's a little like an ugly dog, even more loveable because of the ugly. Almost.

The fountain is just so... jarring and out-of-place with everything around it.

For work, I spent 3 months in Horsham back in the fall of 2001. It was beautiful, all the people we met were great. It was all I could do to drag my wife back home to America, she was so in love with the town.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, best not tell your wife they are removing the lovely swan sculpture from Swan Walk for 'health and safety' and 'water conservation' reasons! It is a really beautiful sculpture and there has been an uproar amongst the locals but I don't think it will make any difference.

I love the comparison with an ugly dog but the dog was just born that way. This fountain was dreamt up by an 'artist', created by human hand, agreed to by the local council and paid for by the taxpayers - and we call ourselves a civilised country!!

I hope your wife has forgiven you for tearing her away!