Tuesday, March 16, 2010

roomba: better than jesus?

Had a Roomba 550 for a month now. In non-Roomba online forums, read a few bad reviews
about shoddy parts and difficulty with returns on the 5XX series. Decided to get it at
Costco since their return policy is ludicrously good.

So far, so good. It deals w/ electrical cords and rug tassles without any issues. It also
doesn't appear to have any problems transitioning between rug and hardwood floor. Only
have one extra-fluffy bathroom rug that it has trouble with.

The scheduling feature is great. I can schedule it to clean up automatically while we're
at work. I come home and it's waiting for me on the charger, ready to have its bin
dumped. Typically, I'll clean it out, then set it loose in the basement while we're
spending the evening upstairs. And when I go to bed I clean it out again and put it back
on the charger for its automated run the next day.


On the whole, really really like it. We'd typically only vacuum once a week, and with the
dog and cat that meant big dusty hairballs at the end of the week. Roomba's taken care of
those.

Definitely still need our other vacuum, since roomba's just bouncing around
semi-randomly. But, I don't have to worry about neighbors popping over and getting
swallowed by a dust bunny.

3 comments:

Bartski said...

You will burn, heretic!



Jesus is the best vacuum cleaner ever!!

neeber said...

I'm just saying Jesus never took care of the dust bunnies under the bed. Roomba does.

Advantage, Roomba.

Bartski said...

Speaking of Jesus, George RR Martin is coming to a bookstore near me tomorrow.
http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/george-r-r-martin-discusses-writing-process

Want me to go get anything signed for you? The new book (A Disco with Dragons or something like that) isn't out yet, so I'd have to pick up something old.

Let me know - you have a few hours to decide...